Here at Cool Experts AC we know all about how important your HVAC/AC systems are to your home and business. The temperatures are soaring and many people are looking to spend as little time in the sweltering heat as possible. But many families are not aware of the fact that their air conditioners can overheat and have to be serviced periodically.
This article explains some of the reasons why you need to have maintenance services for an AC Unit.
The Basics of an AC Unit
A properly maintained air conditioner will cool the air the first time it is turned on, maintain optimal air temperatures while in use, and will ensure that the unit is performing to its full capacity.
What are the Signs of a Lagging Air Conditioner?
An air conditioner that is beginning to lag might have one or more of the following signs:
- It takes longer than usual for the air to heat up when the air is turned on.
- It seems to take more time to bring the air temperature back to a comfortable level after being turned off.
- It takes longer than usual to bring the air temperature back up after the air conditioner is turned off.
- It seems to be difficult to cool down once the air conditioner is turned off.
The Benefits of AC Maintenance
Regular maintenance of an air conditioning system is a great way to save money on your electricity bills. This way, you can improve the condition of your air conditioner and have it working efficiently for years to come.
You can also save money on your monthly payments by knowing what your system is capable of handling. Regular maintenance of your air conditioner can also help you avoid costly problems that could lead to unnecessary repairs.
There are a lot of incidents where a faulty unit can cause the unit to explode due to overuse or even heat. So, it is important to take proper precautions when you are replacing or upgrading your air conditioner.
When to Schedule AC Maintenance Service
While some owners may find it odd to have a service, there are actually many benefits to have your air conditioning units serviced regularly. For starters, the main benefits include saving money on energy costs, conserving energy, reducing wear and tear on your HVAC unit, helping avoid freezing on hot summer days and helping keep the house warmer during the winter.
For example, a professional technician can easily spot a problem and perform the needed repair or maintenance. A homeowner does not have to worry about damaging their unit and incurring the cost of damages.
The general rule of thumb is to have your air conditioner serviced every year. Any further than this will require additional maintenance. Maintenance should be scheduled and performed at the lowest cost possible.
What to Expect From an AC Service Company
Depending on your service company, you might receive maintenance services for your AC units on a quarterly, bi-annual or even once a year basis. They will take care of a number of different tasks including your air conditioner’s filter, adjusting the filters regularly, cleaning, inspecting and repairing the unit.
Types of Services
This is a good time to mention the different types of services available to ensure your air conditioner is working efficiently.
These services include:
- Checkup: This service will get your unit checked for water damage, malfunction or any other issues that you might have noticed. After this is completed, the unit is cleaned and all remaining problems will be corrected.
Pre-Conditioning and Safety Inspections
- Many AC units have a pre-conditioning system that can cool the house before the thermostat kicks on. However, if the home is not cooled well, the air conditioner unit has no choice but to run for a short time until the system cools down.
- This, in turn, increases the risk of damaging the unit. Additionally, some states require yearly safety inspections. This means that the house has to be cool before the inspection and the family has to keep windows and doors closed during the time.
- Since air conditioning systems tend to lose air pressure as the day progresses, there is also a need for a 24-hour on-call service for repairs. Equipment Maintenance Air conditioner units need frequent maintenance to maintain a good working condition.
Cleaning and Servicing Services
- Let’s start with cleaning and servicing. Air conditioning units need to be cleaned regularly, whether or not they are connected to a thermostat. If they aren’t being cleaned on a regular basis, dirt and debris can end up in the vent and get trapped within the device and even block it up.
To prevent this, make sure to take your air conditioning unit for a thorough cleaning at least once a year. As for the maintenance, most people don’t realize that maintenance can actually increase the lifespan of their air conditioner.
This means that if you do not have your air conditioner serviced, your device can quickly overheat and break down. Whether residential or a commercial business, it would be wise to not ignore this type of maintenance.
Energy-Efficient Repairs and Upgrades
An air conditioner is only as good as the parts and installation that it has. Allowing it to run constantly in the absence of maintenance will expose the machine to a lot of damage. This, in turn, could lead to an increase in the costs to maintain the AC.
This is a great reason to visit a local HVAC service provider to have the unit serviced every six months. You can also get the air conditioner serviced by an HVAC professional who will be able to identify the source of any problem.
An air conditioner is built to withstand the elements. But, if it is in a location that is exposed to extreme temperatures, it may be worn out faster than expected.
This can affect the efficiency of the machine. It can become extremely difficult to cool the air efficiently.
Why Cool Experts AC are the Right Professionals For Your AC Maintenance
There are many reasons why Cool Experts AC is the most trusted HVAC company in Irving, Texas. But the main reason is that our customers trust our expert staff and professional AC technicians to get your AC maintenance done right the first time and every time after that.
Contact Cool Experts AC in Texas today for your AC maintenance.