As an HVAC company, we understand the importance of saving money on energy bills. Heating and cooling expenses can account for a significant portion of a household’s energy bill, but there are several simple and effective ways to reduce your costs. Here are some tips from CoolExperts AC on how to save money on your energy bill:
- Install a Programmable Thermostat: A programmable thermostat allows you to set the temperature of your home based on your schedule. You can program it to lower the temperature when you’re not at home and raise it when you return. This can result in significant energy savings, as you’re not wasting energy heating or cooling an empty home.
- Replace Your Air Filter Regularly: A dirty air filter can restrict airflow and reduce the efficiency of your HVAC system. This can result in higher energy bills and a shorter lifespan for your system. We recommend replacing your air filter every three months, or more frequently if you have pets or allergies.
- Use Ceiling Fans: Ceiling fans can help circulate air throughout your home, making it feel cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. By using ceiling fans in conjunction with your HVAC system, you can reduce your energy costs and improve comfort levels.
- Seal Air Leaks: Air leaks can account for up to 30% of your heating and cooling costs. Check your doors, windows, and ducts for leaks and seal them with weather stripping or caulking. This can help prevent air from escaping and improve the efficiency of your HVAC system.
- Maintain Your HVAC System: Regular maintenance can help improve the efficiency of your HVAC system and prevent costly breakdowns. Schedule a professional maintenance appointment with Cool Experts AC at least once a year to ensure that your system is operating at peak efficiency.
- Use Energy-Efficient Lighting: Lighting can also account for a significant portion of your energy bill. Replace incandescent bulbs with energy-efficient LED bulbs to reduce your lighting costs. You can also use natural light whenever possible by opening blinds and curtains.
Call us today to schedule a Tune-up and save big on your electricity bill.